Only one car was allowed to "drop off" the missionary at the M.T.C. How lame is that?
Long gone are the days where they allow the families to sit in one room and are forced to watch a church movie made in the early 80's. When at the end of the "movie/devotional" the Missionary would dramatically depart through one door and the family through another. Thus drawing out the painful seperation from Missionary and family.
The M.T.C. has recently decided that tearing the bandaid off as quickly as possible is the best solition. Yes, we know that it was started because of the Suine Flu (thanks a lot pigs). Now they allow each Missionary a spot on the curb and about 2 min. Basically you unload the Mish and drive off. And only one car is allowed thus limiting the number of weeping people that will clog the sidewalks at the M.T.C. each wednesday.
Since I wasn't feeling well the day Jim went in, I didn't break any laws and crowd in on top of her luggage to see her off, BUT I did send my kids (thus giving me some free time heheheh) and my camera, the next best thing.
Here comes the FINAL seperation. But I don't think the girls realize what that really means. Poor saps.
Side note: my dad said the Missionary's in the back couldn't stop staring at Jamie. Fresh Meat!
One with out drooling boys
That's it for 18 months folks!






No comments:
Post a Comment