Don't fret! I have acquired a new camera! And I have taken over 200 pictures already. They include Kaitlyn's first wasp sting, the Dinosaur Museum, Ashley's first ER visit, and many other fun and exciting pictures! So I am still trying to figure out all of the quirks of my new camera and as soon as that is done I will get all of my pictures up for display! Don't blink or you just might miss it!
I will give you all an update though: Stewart was home for an entire week! I didn't know what to think! He came home Tuesday Aug 5 (because I made him) and left this morning Wed Aug 13. And he is coming home tomorrow night. It feels so weird to be married again. Stew took this Friday off because it's the last one before the kids start school. And he took Monday off so he can be there for Kaitlyn's first day of school. He is the cutest dad in the world! He wasn't happy when I told him Hailey starts school 3 days after Kaitlyn because he will be in Denver. I just told him that Hailey is just the middle child, she'll get used to it.
Now to give you all the info on Ashley: We have known that Ashley has had a nut allergy since she was about 6 months old (gotta love older, sharing, siblings). She was given an Epi pen and I have had it since then. She stopped reacting around 18 months, at least just very mild reactions. Anyway, tonight she had pistachios and she had a bad reaction. Mind you she had them about 5 hours earlier and didn't react at all. As soon as she told me her throat felt yucky I gave her Benadryl like normal. But after 15 minutes she wasn't getting better in fact she was starting to get worse. She couldn't swallow, she had hives around her mouth, her lips were swelling, and she couldn't talk because her tongue was swelling (a ton). I called the Nurse to make sure I could give her the shot after I'd already given her the medicine and she told me I needed to hang up right away and dial 911. Needless to say I started to panic a little. So she had to get her first Epi pen shot, at home. I had to call my neighbor to help me do it. The needle is huge! Not in how long it is but how fat it is. You take off the protective cap and then jam it hard into the thigh and the needle shoots out (it's spring loaded). But then you have to hold it there for 10 seconds. That was why I wouldn't do it alone. I needed someone to hold her while someone gave it to her. I made Teddi give her the shot. I didn't want Ash to hate me! Then I had to take her to the ER. yeah. By the time we got into a room she was starting to perk up a lot. But her right eye puffed up and it looked like she was sprayed with pepper spray. They gave her steroids and then we got to sit around for almost 2 hours while she was being 'watched'. We got to leave when she didn't have any further reactions. But she has to be on steroids for the next 5 days. She is doing great. But I am making her sleep in my bed for the night just to be sure. So if I catch anyone giving her any nuts I will hunt you down and kill you myself! And then I will make YOU give her the fat shot and let her hate you instead of me. That's how I roll.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






7 comments:
Poor Ashers!!! I am sorry you had to sit in the ER and I definitely could not give her that shot. I would be freaking out. You're such a great mom Robyn!!!!
It might be difficult to get a dead person you just killed to give your poor daughter a nasty shot, but if anyone can do it, it's you! :) love ya and glad things worked out! There goes the mixed nuts jar I was going to give your family for Christmas, (which is only 4 months, one week and 5 days away!) --Julie
I'm so glad that everything is ok. What a scary situation to be in, I would have been flipping out, better you than me I guess
WOW - and Stewart was in Denver the whole time?
So proud to no longer be "Mister Pingel" but "The Hateful Woman Who Jabbed Me With the Epi Pen!" - a title I will gladly wear! Just glad she is feeling better - next time I get to hold her while you do the jabbing!
UPDATE, UPDATE, ME WANT UPDATE!! P.S. will you suprise me one day and leave a comment on my blog? do you hate us or something??
Hi, I am comming into town thurs and want to see you some time that next week, I will call you. Don't be shocked at how huge I am when you see me though, remember staring is rude! :)
--Julie
Post a Comment